Tickers

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Will the real Army Wife please step up?

So a "Real Army Wife" thinks I suck as an Army wife because I hate the president. MMMM KAY. Jusging by her user name, and that she just registered in May of 2007 and had 2 profile views, one of which was mine, I am flattered she chose to register with blogger all so she could express her opinion to me. You know... you could have posted on a more recent post instead of me hunting to a post from September 2006.
So on my Blinkies post of long ago she posted this gem.

Ok you are a military wife, & you hate GWB? I am sure I am not posting in
the right place, but my question to you is,"How long have you been a military
wife?" How can you be a proud military wife, & not support their efforts- Go
on hating & support terrorism, be sure to vote for a yellow belly democrat
who wants to defund the war to put our soldiers/husbands/wives/sons/daughters in danger- When my husband enlisted into the Army, he knew what he was signing up
for-

Oh really.... I don't remember taking a mindless loyalty oath when I married my husband. I don't remember being required to check my brain when I go on base and by diapers at the PX.

I've been a proud military wife since I married. We will be married 8 years the end og this month.

I'm HIGHLY offended that you take my patriotic questioning of the president and his messed up administration of YES people to be "supporting terrorism." I do not support terrorists who want to kill and destroy everything I love. Last time I checked.... Osama Bin Laden is still alive... He attacked us. Saddam Hussein, while being a VERY evil man, did not attack us, and he is dead.

I'd like to direct you to this quote from Theodore Roosevelt...

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole.Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."
Kansas City Star", 149 May 7, 1918

In order for there to be freedom, there needs to be the ability to question and YES, be VERY angry at our leadership. In order for our country to work... we need to be free to question our leaders.

I can, and AM, an excellent military wife, and I think my questioning the president make me a better spouse. DH did not marry a mindless autontom. He married a woman who thinks and has a brain.

Don't you all just love how all democrats are "yellow bellies" and what are the republicans.... Yes sir Ditto heads? Posts like this one are the reason we have an us versus them problem in this country.

So Real Army Wife... you can sod off.

2 comments:

Faith said...

You know, there are some people in this world who are aware of their ignorance. As such, they take steps to educate themselves.

Others seem to be proud of their ignorance and wear it like a banner, high above their heads, proclaiming it for all the world to see. That army wife who believes you are not a "real" Army wife is one of these.

If you've been reading my blog lately, you know that I've been doing a lot of research on human rights conditions in Mexico, as part of the Juarez project my theatre ensemble is doing. It has made me very aware of how blessed we are to live in the United States, despite the failings that exist in our country. But it also has made me very aware of the very failings that do exist in our country.

One can support the country, support the military, support the institution of the presidency, without being a fan of every president that holds that office. In fact, one should always do everything possible to get the best person for the job into that office. Based on everything I know about you, that is precisely what you do.

I say, go Wendy! You rock!

Knitty McKnitterson said...

i say, "pshaw" to that army wife. i agree 2,000% that it is patriotic to question the authority. i have to share this great quote:

Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may. ~Mark Twain

LLobsterTV from MDC

Nicu Blinkies