Tickers

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tagging myself

So Trista tagged 5 unnamed people to do the Cd challenge. Since I totally bagged on her the last time she tagged me, here goes.....

What songs would you have on your personal "meaningful mix" CD? Here are the questions (along with my answers).

1) A favorite political track.
a) Serious: Blowing in the Wind by Bob Dylan
b) Serious part 2: American Idiot by Green Day
b) Funny: Send George Bush a Pretzel by Darryl Cherney and the Chernobles

2) One of those tracks that make you dance on the dancefloor no matter what.
SO embarassing ... The Macarena by Los Lobes Hey Macarena

3) The song you’d use to tell someone you love them.
When you say nothing at all - Allison Krauss

4) A song that has made you sit down and analyze its lyrics.
The Gamber by Kenny Rogers

5) A song that you like, that a two year old would like as well.
Feed the Birds - Julie Andrews from Mary Poppins

6) A song that gives you an energy boost.
Popular from Wicked sung by Kristin Chenoweth

7) A song that you and your grandparents (would probably) like.
Anything by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass. My grandpa would play this for me on his record player, then his 8 track, then his tape deck, and finally his Cd player. He was an early adaptor, and usually was one of the first to get the newest way to play his music. If he was alive, I bet I would have been asked to load up an Ipod for him. Yes he bought the same albums over and over.

8) A song that you really liked when you were 14-16, and still really like now.
Diamonds and Pearls by Prince

9) A sad song that would be in the soundtrack of the movie about your life.
Sterotypical but Everybody Hurts by REM In my depression times, I can play this over and over.

10) A peppy song that would start the opening credits of the movie about your life.
I will by the Beatles, Followed by Imagine by John Lennon

11) A good song from a genre of music that no one would guess that you liked.
Forever and Ever, Amen by Randy Travis, Also Here you come again by Dolly Parton

12) A song that you think should have been playing when you were born.
Corney but... Isn't she lovely by Stevie Wonder

13) A favorite artist duo collaboration.
Simple Gifts by Alison Kraus and YoYo Ma

14) A favorite song that you completely disagree with (politically, morally, commonsenically,
religiously etc.)
All I want to do is make love to you by Heart (I'm not a cheating one night stand with strangers you pick up in the rain kind of gal.) I remember hearing this song with an older friend (she had a car) while in a traffic jam in LA (Cig alert) where we could see the Hollywood sign from the freeway. The song came on and we sang the refrain at the top of our lungs with the top of her convertible down. It was night and the weather was perfect. A wonderful friend and memory. She used to be my babysitter, and stayed my friend and would rescue me from my mom. I was about 12, and we had been to Pasadena for some reason.

15) The song that you like despite the fact your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it.
You Sexy Thing by Hot Chocolate

16) Your smooth song, for relaxing.
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman

17) A song you would send to someone you hate or are mad at.
See 1a.... Insensitive by Jann Arden. I actually sent this on a tape to my first love who broke my heart. Annonmsly of course, with the tape labled, this song was written about you. Also Every thing about you by Ugly Kid Joe

18) A favorite track from an outfit considered a “super-group.”
Dancing Queen - Abba

19) A song that makes you reminsce about good times with a family member.
Beauty and the Beast by Angela Lansbury. My sister and I used to watch this over and over. When Angela Lansbury was here, she sang this song. I called my sister on the cell and let her listen to it.

20) Your favorite song at this moment in time.
Even Superman by Ryan Shuppe and the Rubber Band

No comments:

Nicu Blinkies