Tickers

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Short update

Short update: I'll fill in later.

Good news: DD gained a whole ounce between Monday and this am. YAY!!!

Bad news: Femur is broken. I need to consult Dr. Google about this type of fracture. It is a "plastic" or greenstick fracture. She is in a splint to help remind us to be gentle by my request. It's not needed for healing.

What a hard day. She had to be sedated because of the bone scan. She nursed at 7:30 this am, then NOTHING until about 4. She was miserable. After the bone scan, because they were worried that ortho may want to do surgery, I was not allowed to feed her. It took both Nubane and Ketamine to get her knocked out. She was so drugged and limp. It was very hard for me to see her laying there motionless. When she woke up, all she wanted to do was nurse, and screamed unconsoably for an hour until she wore out. I was holding her, but this just made her madder, so my mom held and rocked and loved her. The crying just broke my heart. And no she did not need surgery at all, so this was all for nothing. I could have nursed her about 2 hours before I did. Poor baby.

I'll write more tomorrow. Since we got home, she has just wanted to nurse or have my breast very close by. Much comfort nursing going on.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Wendy, I'm glad it's nothing more serious, and I'm very glad they didn't have to operate. I'm keeping y'all in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs)) to you and Vince and Sydney bean.

Love,
Faith

Plant Girl said...

Sorry to hear about the fracture. Hopefully it heals quickly and she feels better soon.

I can't imagine how hard it was for you to go through everything on Wednesday. Not nursing, listening to her cry, seeing her sedated. Ugh.

Big hugs to both of you!

Faith said...

Hey Wendy, how's Sydney doing?

Nicu Blinkies