Tickers

Sunday, June 03, 2007

On Fleas and Ticks

A blog that I was a regular reader and commenter on has been self imploded... Drfleablog is no more.

Flea had been blogging about his current ongoing malpractice trial. I found him very interesting and stimulating reading. He posted several very well written and researched posts about vaccines and why they are not the destructive force that the anti-vaxers claim they are. Is is silly of me to say that reading his vax series is one of the reasons that Syd is vaxed? I hope not, because the articles were just what I needed to counteract some of the very false and misleading information I was getting from the anti-vax foes.

Flea was outed at his trial. The case settled. He was then outed on a front page above the fold article in the Boston Globe.

I feel very sorry for Flea. I've read on other blogs that patients are leaving his practice. From previous posts, he was not doing all that well in his practice because of a lack of patients. Other legal bloggers are wondering if his malpractice carrier will stick with him, as they may consider some of his posts hindering his defense. I enjoyed Flea as a blogger. Looking at his picture and the articles on his practice's web site, he seems like a doctor I would like to have. It is sad to see a situation where someone you "knew" life seems to be imploding.

I'm learning from the Flea. I'll talk very little and in VERY vague terms about my clients and employment. Over the next while, I'll be editing posts as I feel needed.

1 comment:

Faith said...

What a shame. That's the kind of thing that I find absolutely infuriating.

Nicu Blinkies