Tickers

Friday, August 12, 2005

The start of an adventure!

I finally got a blog! It took me FOREVER to pick a name for this little experiment, but I finally though of the nick name that my grandpa had for me. He would call me Wendy Jean the Jelly Bean. He and have the same birthday, so we were really close. It is hard to believe that he has been dead for 10 years last March.

My 10 year renuion is next weekend. I have NO desire to go at all. I don't have a lot of positive memories of then. I am completely different person than I was. I am very happy in my life now, and can see no benefit from a walk down memory lane. High School was a painful time for me. Why revisit it when today is so much sweeter? Anyway, those types of functions ALWAYS bring up the fact that DH and I don't have children. I am sick of people thinking we are newlyweds, having marital difficulties, or I am too obsessed with my career to have babies. Guess what, the egg won't release to meet the sperm.

I really pushed DH earlier this week about TTC again. First he was saying no. Then he agreed. Then I read a magazine about how to prepare to get pregnant, and I said no. One more month on the Yasmin. I'm taking prenatals, gonna bleach the teeth, get highlights, get blood work done, get my vaccines updated, then TTC. I still need to lose about 30 pounds to get to my ideal weight. 10 pounds would push me from obese to overweight on the BMI scale. I just got too excited, and was racing.

I had a week from hell. I worked way more than I am allowed to. I only wrote down 40. I am really angry at myself about that. Then management thinks this insane job can actually be done in 40 hours. My mileage is huge, so we'll have money to buy a single one of DH's text books. HAHA.

So that's my blog. I've wanted one forever, and I finally have one.

2 comments:

Trista said...

Hey, look at you! you have a blog! How did you find mine? Yours looks pretty good. See ya!

Oh, doesn't your DH leave town soon?

WendyLou said...

I got your blog off a bottom of your email. Your daughter is so cute and lovely.

Nicu Blinkies