Tickers

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Now guess what?

My mom and my sister had a big fight last night and this morning.

First my mom was kicking out my sister. Then my mom was moving out. Guess where she wants to come and live....

Yup. You guessed it. With me.

Now, I'm seriously thinking of having my sister come and live with me. She is 18, and while bratty, would actually be a help around the house and be an enjoyable person to live with. I told her she would have to pay rent to me, and she was ok with that. If my sister came and lived with me, the house would still remain MY HOUSE.

If my mom came and lived with me, it would turn into her house. Plain and simple.

Oh, and so not happening. I'm not sharing a bathroom with my mother. I don't want to hear peep one about how I'm using all the hot water, not when I'm paying the bill.

Am I weird that I am actually looking forward to the time when Vince is gone? Not that I want him to go, by far that is not what I'm thinking here. I'm looking at this as a time for me to do what I want, so I can be independant and still take care of everything, and a chance for me to do some things I want to do. I'll miss Vince a lot, I know this. I've been on my own for a couple of weeks with Syd and about 4 weeks before she was even concieved. I did fine both times. I'm looking optimistically that yes this will be a hard time for me, but I can make this a positive time. I can make needed changes in the home without Vince dragging his feet as he does. I can work hard and take care of things, and still have time to rent and watch Big Love. I can take care of my baby and scrap and sew.

Does that make sense? Since he has to leave and his leaving is a postive thing, I can still have a nice time while he is gone, YKWIM? I don't want to sit and cry, but I know there will be crying times. I think I want to keep life as normal as possible, and having my mom move in would not be doing that at all.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Wendy, now that my husband's doing mega traveling, I sort of get it, in a teensy way. He's not out there risking his life, like the men and women who are serving in the military. And his company lets him come home every 2 weeks for a 4-day weekend, so I get to see him. I have this mixed bag of emotions. I like having some alone time, actually, and it's a lot less when he's not around. At the same time, I miss him a lot. But I keep busy and try not to worry about the negative things. And you're blessed with having Sydney, and I know she just lights up your life like nobody's business. I'm glad you've decided not to move in with your mother, and certainly not to let her move in with you!! :)

Nicu Blinkies