Tickers

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Toning down the Olympic love

So, After I wrote my Ode to the Olympics, I went and ordered one of the cool new Roots Beret Opening Ceremony hats. At the time it was NOT on back order. Had it been on back order, I would likely not have ordered it. The web site said it would ship within 24 hours.

I got a shipping invoice today.... While shopping there, I purchased a $1 pin, along with the $25 hat. Was the hat shipped, no. What was shipped was the $1 pin, with a full $7.98 in shipping added. Seems they add all shipping costs when the ship the first item.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much, but I think that since their web site did not indicate a back order status, I should be taken care of. What I mean is I know they have some hats around, they should send me one of those or I should get a discount. Their shipping policies are such that the first item shipped is $6, and each additional item is $1.98. So even if I cancel the order, I will still have paid $6 to ship a $1 pin. I have talked to three so called customer service people, and no one offered anything to make it right. They all just said I can cancel, and I'll get the $1.98 in shipping back. Honestly, I can see paying $6 to ship a hat, and $2 to ship a pin, but I think the other way around is robbery.

When the pin gets here, I'll see how much they paid to ship it, and I'll call back and complain some more.

My therapist would ask "What do you want from this?" My answer... On Friday, I purchased a non back ordered hat. I want my hat in a timely manner. I do not want to wait until March. Waiting until March seems quite stupid. I wanted to be able to walk around the office during the Olympics wearing a cool hat, and be neat because I'm the only one who has one. Juvenile, I know, but I will admit it. I still might cancel, because I'm currently being told it will not ship for a couple of weeks.

I also want to point out that this company has no idea of supply and demand. This problem also existed in 2002, when they had these cool hats and not nearly enough. I waited in line for 8 hours for one, remember. I asked why they cannot anticipate the demand, and got no answer. Duh, cool hat, being seen all over NBC, lots of people want one. Grrrr.

Oh, I purposely put those key words up there, to get Google hits when people go looking for the hat.

No comments:

Nicu Blinkies