Tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Ode to Sciatic Pain

In the spirit of other much more talented poets, here is my attempt at a poem. Emily Dickinson, I am not.

Entitled: Ode to Sciatic Pain.

OHCH.
DAMIT OUCH.
I have never hurt this much before.
I have HOW many weeks to go?
The doctor better not be lying,
or I will be a crying,
that this pain will end with her birth.

Now that I have suffered,
through all this pain,
her teenage years better be a breeze,
because her head is already on my nerves.

The pain, it drains. It stings, it never wanes.
Sometimes I can stand pain free,
but when I sit, OUCHEE.

I want an epidural, right here right now.
Just hook it up for the next 4 months,
so I can pick up the stuff that falls to the floor.

Did I say that this HURTS????
Did I mention I am really tired of the pain?
Did I mention that I want some relief?

I wish I could tie my shoes, shave my legs, paint my toes.
I wish I could sit and type, sleep all night, stop whining of my woes.
I want to walk normal, sit normal, be pain free.
I have learned great sympathy for those who have chronic pain.

I could really, very quickly become a drug addict.
But the doc says no to the lortabs.
See they can cause babies to be small,
she is already small enough.

So I see the chiropractor,
and he waves my leg in the air.
and I pray for relief,
and I pray for strength to bear.

Seriously, what was I thinking?
I keep hoping that this is the worst.
Pain I can tolerate, other worries are worse.
I'll put up with this pain until June,
because this pain means she is in there, alive, and growing everyday.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Hang in there, sweetie. It will get better, and just think about holding that beautiful baby in your arms!!

Love you!

Sherri Williams said...

I'm so sorry that you have so much pain, but like Faith said... think of holding that beautiful baby in the near future. I'll be thinking of you.

Boliath said...

Hope you're feeling better Wendy!

Nicu Blinkies