Tickers

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Closer



Guess what Sydney did today... She breast fed. The doc on today wants me to breast feed her whenever I am there. She latched on after crying, and nursed. I don't know how much she actually ate, because after she nursed for about 20 minutes we offered her a bottle, and she ate 27 ccs. She did very well with not desating while she was nursing or eating her bottle. She is getting closer every day to coming home. She had some desats while we were not there that needed oxygen to resolve them, and the doctor wants to not see these. She is still off the oxygen and the feeding tube. She lost half an ounce, and weighs 4 pounds 8.5 ounces.

I learned yesterday that Sydney has been in the NICU the second longest. The baby who has been there the longest was born a week before her, and was 3 months early. We were once warned we may have her that early, and were very blessed to have her hang on until 34 weeks. So I was right that everyone else has gone home but us. I keep trying to be patient, but my patience is getting thinner. I feel we are very close to having her home, and can hardly wait.

Yeah, no pictures of her nursing. I do have some new pictures of Sydney to post.
.....................

That's what I posted on Sydney's journal. My thoughts to add here.

I just want her home. Vince leaves on the 4th of July, and I want us under one roof. I want to be able to hold her to my hearts content. I want to just let her nurse for however long she wants, although I am very happy for what happened today. I guess I'm having a bit of a temper tantrum.

It's like when Vince is gone, and we are getting close to him coming home. I just want him home. I know it is happening soon, but I just want him home. I am like that. Seriously, my patience is running thin. I KNOW we have to wait until she is ready, but I really don't think they are doing anything for here there that I can't do at home. I just want to move onto the next phase of being a mommy and am so close I can hardly stand it. I kind of feel like the morning before Christmas when I was little. I just can't wait to see what Santa brought.

I also an so nervous about a set back. Inside, I nearly panic when she won't eat her 30 ccs. I am terrified she will get the feeding tube back. I just don't know if I can handle that.

Anyway, the house is a mess. Our swamp cooker, I mean cooler is not working at all. I am so sick of being hot.

Here are the pictures.....


No comments:

Nicu Blinkies