Tickers

Saturday, June 24, 2006

What is missing from this picture?


Can you guess what is missing from this picture?


Look Mom... NO TUBES. I Finally got to see her little face sans tubes. I don't think I had ever seen her without some tube on her little face. They changed her feeding schedule to one where she has to eat 30 ccs, but can eat more if she wants, every three hours. She was doing wonderful with that, as well as with her oxygen levels until 3pm this afternoon. The nurse gave her the nasty baby vitamin, and she shut down. This is the first time she had to take it by mouth, and she hated it. They smell NASTY so I don't blame her. Thankfully, she had eaten enough extra over the 30ccs earlier in the day to add up to 30, so she did not have to have the tube put back in.

So we are closer to having her come home. I am telling EVERYONE there that we are ready to come home. While I am patient with this process now, I feel it is important to start pushing the staff members to have discharge on their minds.

Her weight is 4 pounds 9 ounces today. She was so awake and interacting while I was there. I really wanted her to sleep, and I laid her in the bed, but she refused to sleep. She just wanted to play.

So in a nutshell, Sydney is making progress, but mom and dad are losing their patience. I thought she would be home weeks ago, and we are still there. Part of me wonders why they decided to not give her caffiene and oxygen. I also want to know why she had to wait so long to get the blood transfusion. She was anemic from day one. Maybe if her red blood cells were higher, she would have been able to make progress faster.

No comments:

Nicu Blinkies