Tickers

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Amazing Grace

I have no words to describe my feelings. I was VERY caught off guard by Trista's caring post. I was surprised when I checked my hotmail box ans found comments by people who are regulars to Trista's blog, but have never posted on mine. Took me a bit before I checked her blog and saw her post.

I am amazed at how strangers were so willing to send me positive energy. I have felt the strength this is giving me.

I am currently surviving on the strength that the prayers, lighted candles, positive thoughts, and well wishes being sent Sydney and my way. I feel the strength that the love of strangers, my family, friends, co-workers and the Lord are sending to me.

I'm LDS, and we believe in the laying on of hands. I received a blessing last night, and I am (currently) at peace with the future. The blessing I received was not one where a miracle happens, however I heard what I needed to hear, and I have been blessed. I am doing better trusting the Lord. In the blessings I received sacred promises, which I may post at a later time, but not now.

A very calming aspect of this blessing was the assurance that I am and will continue to receive the best medical care. How grateful I am for this. One of the worries I have been having is that if I change doctors, I'll get a different answer. I WILL continue on with my second opinion, but I have more trust in the perinatologists I'll be seeing. I do not believe that this pregnancy is going to get any easier, in fact, I have the belief that the medical complications will get worse before they get better. I am very sure Sydney is coming early, and will be very sick.

Are my worries gone. NO. However I have more faith that this is happening how it is intended to happen, and that how my pregnancy is progressing is in the hands of the Lord, and is happening according to His plan, not mine. I'm pretty resigned to bed rest, and am just praying that I can continue on the partial bed rest I have been doing. Whatever I have to do, I will do.

Your continued prayers, lighted candles, and positive thoughts will be gratefully appreciated. I happen to believe in a loving God, and that the strength of petitions to that God is not confined to one religion or belief system. I am grateful for all the petitions sent in any manner on my behalf.

Thank You does not cover the depth of my emotions and feelings, but thank all of you. I see my OB tomorrow. I'll update then.

2 comments:

Plant Girl said...

My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to you. My miscarriage in October had an EDD of June 22, so your plight holds a special place in my heart and mind. I pray that you may find the strength to get this what lies ahead. Whatever that may be. (hugs)

Rachelle said...

Many prayers coming your way! Aren't blessings a great thing? I'm so glad you have some peace!

Nicu Blinkies