Tickers

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bed rest is boring

So I'm still at home, on bed rest. May I say, I am BORED!!!!! I had to turn the laptop back into work, my PDA won't connect to my wireless network for shit, and our ancient desktop is less than portable and has a really uncomfortable desk chair in front of it. So I've been online a lot less. Vince's bonus should come soon, and we are buying a laptop, paying off the IRS, buying a camcorder, and making a large payment to MBNA with it. Can't wait. He re-upped in the Army for 6 years to get it, but since he was going to do that anyway, I'll take the money.

So I've been mostly compliant with the bed rest stuff. I'm sitting up now, but I've been on my side most of the day today. I'm not going anywhere tonight, so I can keep behaving. Yesterday, I went to Ogden to get my eyebrows (and other areas) waxed. I was growing a uni-brow. Funny, I was stuck in traffic, and I really did not mind (too much) because it was a wonderful sunny day and I was out among people doing normal things, such as waiting in traffic. You know you are bored when traffic is nice.

I just don't think that we understand how much of our interactions with people we get from being outside the home. I miss talking to my co-workers. I miss talking with clients. I miss the mental challenge of dealing with my clients who manipulate and are less than honest. I believe I would feel different if Sydney were here and I could talk to her, but she's (Thankfully) still growing and kicking.

So that is what I'm doing. I'm bored and on bed rest. At least I'm not in the hospital.

Thanks for all the prayers, positive thoughts, candles, etc. I feel the strength and am buoyed up by them. I am very at peace at what will happen. I feel this will all come out as it should. I go see Dr. Calm, my OB tomorrow. I'll tell you what she says.

4 comments:

Trista said...

you could work on your mix cd and send it out early...

Boliath said...

Bored is way way better than anxious and frightened although I know you have those in there too. Glad to hear Sydney is growing, keep up the good work!

Rachelle said...

Wondering how you are doing. Hoping to read an update soon! You and Sydney are still in my prayers!

Boliath said...

Haven't heard from you in a while - how is Sydney? You? Still on bedrest? Everything okay?

Nicu Blinkies