Tickers

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Your tax dollars at work, If you live in Utah

So with all the PRESSING things facing the legislature during their 45 day session here in Utah, there is a legislator proposing to rename Hill Air Force Base to Reagan Air Force Base. Not only will this waste time in the very time limited session, if this were to be approved and the base changes its name, think of EVERYTHING on base which would need a name change. What a WASTE of time and energy. To read about this click here. Notice they did not interview a single Democrat or person opposed to this change for the story.

Instead of talking about removing the sales tax on food, lets honor Reagan by changing the name of our Air Force base. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. Lets blow some hard earned tax money on changing street names, freeway exit signs, welcome signs, ID cards, car stickers, letter head, and everything else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHH, isn't that just FABULOUS of them??? Here my group of parents with kids with special needs are lobbying all day tomorrow for more DESPERATELY needed funding.... And they want to RENAME the DAMN BASE??? GOOD GRIEF.
~Danielle~

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea.

WendyLou said...

Davey--
Welcome to my blog. Can you explain why you think this is a good idea? I explained why I think it is a bad idea, can you tell me why you support it?

I'm not attacking or anything like that, I just would like to hear more of your point of view.

Nicu Blinkies