Tickers

Friday, January 27, 2006

Update from Yesterday

So I had my regular monthly doctor appointment yesterday. My blood pressure was much better, I am not dehydrated, and I am back at my starting weight. All good.

My doctor Julia showed me the 3 page report she was sent from the perinatologist. He wrote tons. She did not really go over it with us, and said that she thought things looked fine. She wanted to keep our visit nice, and I can go worry next week with Dr. Clark at the hospital. Even after my post yesterday, that is fine by me. I know that if I decide I want to see the report, I can just call and get it faxed to me, but then I will be looking up and googling again, and worrying some more, so I'm passing for now. Maybe I'll change my mind, but yesterday was calming, so I'm not blowing it just yet. Watch, I'll have it faxed to me next week.

The baby has moved out of my hip, still transverse, but in a more normal spot. It had a good heart rate and movement. It is still behind on growth, but added a day. I was 19 weeks yesterday, it measured 17 weeks, 6 days. Margin of error at this point on the ultrasound is 7-10 days, so we are just fine. She pointed out that neither of us are very tall or big, so our baby is just going to be a little smaller than the average. She said she would be much more worried if we were big tall people. I'm 5'2, DH is about 5'5. Yao Ming we are not. So out little one will just be a small one, because it comes from small parents. Makes sense to me. Weight wise it is on target. At 19 weeks, weight should be 9 ounces, it weighs about 8, so things are good there (well within the margin of error). The heart beat is steady, strong, and about 140, just right. My amniotic fluid level is much better, dang close to normal. I guess the bath and the very little caffeine and lots of water worked.

Now on to what everyone wants to know, gender. My child is still being very shy and uncooperative. It's cord is currently wrapped between its legs, and the legs were very tightly crossed at the ankles. I have my bet from what I saw on the screen, but I also thought a foot was a hand, so I'm no expert on knowing what I am seeing on the ultrasounds. Vince and I are guessing opposite, so we will just have to wait until next Friday when we go have another level 2. Julia said that the development will be much more clear next week, and we should be able to clearly tell. So no more gender news until next Friday.

Someone asked why not go to a Fetal Fotos place. Well, I'll have had 3 ultrasounds in 3 weeks when I'm done next week, all courtesy of my insurance company. I'll tell you that if we still don't know after the ultrasound next week, I'm headed there. Vince does not want to do that, and my doctor advised against them, but I'm dying to know. (I think that is why I get a "show and tell" ultrasound every visit.)

1 comment:

Boliath said...

Great to hear things are going well! Almost half way now, yahoo.

Nicu Blinkies